And not to sound pessimistic off the top, but I doubt any of these will happen...
1. Increased news coverage of the world;
2. Less reliance on celebrity- and personality-driven news;
3. Details, details, details...place events into a relevant context;
4. A move away from hot-shot, loud-mouth individuals claiming to be journalists or talk show hosts, but who are in reality filled with hot air, selfish motives, and personal and political agendas;
5. Increased coverage of local events, news and issues that matter to people;
6. Gain more trust from the public.