...means more to John McCain than it does to Barack Obama.
Consider the following --
1. McCain is behind in the polls and running out of days to catch up
2. The "town hall" format for the second debate plays to McCain's strengths of delivering "straight talk" to an audience
3. McCain has given up on winning Michigan; his "270" strategy is much tougher now
4. Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, has not committed any major gaffes to this point
5. McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, did not win (though I don't think she lost) the vice presidential debate held earlier this week
6. The economic numbers continue to wobble badly, and the Republicans are to blame