Monday, August 23, 2010

My "kids"

Regular readers of this blog know that I "adopt" the broadcast students at my (current or former) institution. And as the new academic year is about to begin, I'm reminded of some of the fantastic personal and professional things some of my current and former "kids" have done over the past year or two.

In no particular order --
1. Five are either engaged or very soon to be married
2. One is applying for a news director's position
3. One continues to shine on the Good Morning America weekend crew
4. Several completed internships this summer and received glowing reviews
5. One was hired at a Nashville television station
6. One is about to become a mother for the first time
7. One shines as the social media coordinator at the World Bank's offices in Washington
8. One (among the five mentioned above) also is an executive producer at an eastern Ohio television station
9. One (also among the five mentioned above) begins this fall the MA/MBA program in communication and business at Point Park
10. A whole bunch of them remain in touch with me

Yes, you could say I'm one proud "dad."

No comments: