Monday, August 16, 2010

Obama-Clinton

What? Yes, I doubt I'm the only one perplexed by the growing undercurrent of conversation suggesting that President Obama ought to ditch his current vice president and replace him with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Today, Financial Times columnist Clive Crook, one of my favorites for what that's worth, examines the reasons behind such a potential move. 

Maybe I'm naive (and I've been accused of being that, and worse, over time), but I cannot see that happening. What I could see, however, is Mrs. Clinton taking over as Secretary of Defense, presuming the current secretary, Robert Gates, follows through on his plans to retire next year.

That would provide her a more prominent office as she positions herself for a possible presidential run in 2016.

No comments: