Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9/11

No, this is not going to be a "here's where I was and here's what I did on Sept. 11" kind of post. Instead, I'm reminding you to accept and appreciate those people who offer such reflections.

All of us reacted in different ways to the events of that day, and all of us had our plans for that day altered. For some, the memories are much more raw -- 9 years later -- than they are for others. But no one among us should read the comments someone makes today with sarcasm or derision.

And those who don't post their "here's where I was and here's what I did" responses are not somehow less sympathetic, reflective or compassionate about that day. They either don't want to share or don't think it's important. That's acceptable as well.

For what it's worth -- no, you are not going to read any "here's where I was" kind of post from me today, on this blog or anywhere else.

No comments: