Sunday, August 28, 2011

And what are you studying?

I confess -- the academic load, physical responsibilities and acceptance of their post-graduation commitment ensure that I have a deep respect for the men and women who attend our military academies in New York, Maryland and Colorado.

To give you a sense of what their lives are like, I share with you a Facebook post that appeared tonight:
Facebook friends and family, I’m Midshipman 1st Class Carolyne Vu and now that the storm is finished I just wanted to share with everyone that the academic year at the Naval Academy is off to an eventful start! This semester my classes are Principles of Propulsion (Thermodynamics), Weight Training, Anglo-American Literature, 18th Century Literature, Creative Writing, and Law for the Junior Officer.
Remember, those are her classes. Impressed?

No comments: