Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No parking? I quit!

A political science professor at a Canadian university has quit his job. As the CBC reports, years of being driven to frustration about an inability to find a parking space led to the decision.
"For a guy like myself that lives in Lower Sackville, I have to get on the road around 6:30 to 7 to get an assured parking spot somewhere so I can get here to teach at 2:30 in the afternoon," said Middlemiss, an expert on Canadian defence policy.
"It's ridiculous, in my view, and the university just keeps pretending that it's not the problem that it is."
Middlemiss said parking has always been a problem at Dalhousie. But this time, he simply had enough.
"I went straight upstairs, I said, 'I'm not kidding this time, I don't have to put up with this. I'm resigning,'" he told CBC News.
Dalhousie, in south-end Halifax, has 2,000 parking spaces for 17,000 students and 3,000 employees.
The man sounds reasonable, but I can't help but have the "you know what really grinds my gears" episode of Family Guy in my head. I could come up with other such puns, but I'll reverse my thinking and not get keyed up.

No comments: