Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This is my song

Take one line from here...and another from there...and I'll put together a (perhaps disjointed) verse or two made up of some of my favorite songs.


(STYX)I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory...

(SARAH MCLACHLAN)Isn't it remarkable...like every time a raindrop falls...it's just another ordinary miracle today?
 
(ALAN JACKSON)It was just an ol' plywood boat...75 Johnson...electric choke. A young boy...two hands on the wheel...I can't replace the way it made me feel. 

(BON JOVI)So, who says you can't go home? There's only one place where they call me one of their own!

(JIMMY BUFFETT)Livin' on spongecake. Watching the sun bake...all of those tourists covered with oil...

(HEART)You don't know how long I have wanted to touch your lips...and hold you tight.  
(JOURNEY)Working hard to get my fill...everybody wants a thrill...

(MEATLOAF)I would do anything for love...I'd run right in to hell and back. I'd do anything for love...I'd never lie to you and that's a fact.

(WHITESNAKE)Cause I know what I means...to walk along the lonely street of dreams. So, here I go again on my own...

(BILLY JOEL)So, sing us a song...you're the Piano Man. Sing us a song tonight! Well, we're all in the mood for a melody...and you've got us feelin' alright!

(BON JOVI)We weren't born to follow...you've got to stand up for what you believe...

(VAN HALEN)So, can't you see me standing here? I got my back against the record machine..I ain't the worst that you've seen. Aw, can't you see what I mean?

(SINATRA)And now, the end is near...and so I face the final curtain.

(QUEEN)If I'm not back again this time tomorrow...carry on...carry on.

(MEATLOAF)And when you really, really need 'em the most...that's when rock-and-roll dreams come through...for you.

No comments: