But they are, and each has a chance over the next couple weeks to solidify their place at the top of their divisions and the power rankings.
What follows is my weekly power rankings (with last week's ranking in parentheses):
- Winnipeg (1), 7-1: This team finds a way to win. Week 10 at Saskatchewan.
- Calgary (3), 6-2: The hottest team in the CFL could effectively win the Western Division over the next two weeks. Week 10 vs Edmonton.
- Montreal (2), 5-3. Hard to believe but if they lose to the TiCats next week, they’ll be in third place. Week 10 at Hamilton.
- Hamilton (4), 4-4. A loss to Winnipeg and now two straight against Montreal. Week 10 vs Montreal.
- British Columbia (5), 2-6. A home and home series with Toronto means the Lions have a chance to put some distance between themselves and the Riders. Week 10 at Toronto.
- Edmonton (6), 5-3. Three straight losses before the bye; now two straight games with the Stamps. Perhaps the Esks haven’t hit bottom yet. Week 10 at Calgary.
- Toronto (7), 2-6. A home and home series with British Columbia means it’s now or never for the Argonauts. Week 10 vs British Columbia.
- Saskatchewan (8), 1-7. Was it the coach or the players? The first chance to answer that comes with two straight against the league’s best team. Week 10 vs Winnipeg.