Here are this week's rankings (with last week's in parentheses):
- Winnipeg (1), 6-1: An important East Division game follows the Blue Bombers bye. Week 9 vs Hamilton.
- Montreal (2), 5-2: A Grey Cup preview? Could be. Week 9 at Calgary.
- Calgary (3), 5-2. A Grey Cup preview? Could be. Week 9 vs Montreal.
- Hamilton (5), 4-3. The offense didn’t exist during the TiCats first two games; that has changed. Week 9 at Winnipeg.
- British Columbia (6), 2-6. They’ve beaten two dreadful teams; at some point, the Lions will have to prove they can beat a real team. Week 9 BYE.
- Edmonton (4), 5-3. Two straight weeks of awful offense; after the bye week, two straight games against Calgary. Uh, oh. Week 9 BYE.
- Toronto (8), 2-6. The Argonauts will not lose a game this week; that will be two weeks in a row. Week 9 BYE.
- Saskatchewan (7), 1-7. The Roughriders hope their former coach brings back their former winning ways. Week 9 BYE.