Nevertheless, there have been big changes to this week's rankings. They follow (with last week's ranking in parentheses).
- Winnipeg (1), 7-2: The Blue Bombers laid their first egg. So remember: once is an accident, twice is a trend. They remain on top, however, because Calgary and Montreal also were blasted. Week 11 vs Saskatchewan.
- Hamilton (4), 5-4. The TiCats certainly sent a message to the Als on Labour Day. Can they do it again? If they do, they’ll be thinking about catching the Blue Bombers. Week 11 at Montreal.
- Calgary (2), 6-3: The early-season bugaboos returned in a pasting by the Eskimos. Once is an accident…. Week 11 at Edmonton.
- Edmonton (6), 6-3. You saw the Eskimos beating the Stampeders in Calgary? Uh, huh. Week 11 at Calgary.
- Montreal (3), 5-4. The Als are in third place. The championship-level play might be over. Week 11 vs Hamilton.
- British Columbia (5), 3-6. Another game with the Argonauts suggests another win is on its way. Week 11 vs Toronto.
- Saskatchewan (8), 2-7. The Roughriders manhandled Winnipeg at home; can they do it again on the road? Week 11 at Winnipeg.
- Toronto (7), 2-7. Does Jim Barker survive the season? Week 11 at British Columbia.