These are in no particular order, and you are definitely encouraged to chime in:
1. The Southeastern Conference will win its sixth straight college football championship, but it will not win seven in a row.
2. The Republican presidential nominee will be a Mormon.
3. The stock market at the beginning of trading on Jan. 2, 2012 will be lower than at its close on Dec. 31, 2012.
4. A drug scandal will detract from an otherwise successful London Olympics.
5. A former U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania will be a vice-presidential candidate.
6. No meaningful breakthroughs will be made in efforts to bring peace to the Middle East or to the Korean peninsula.
7. At least one prominent American newspaper and magazine will cease publication.
8. Apple will unveil a new iPad and a new iPhone.
9. Blackberry/RIM will be taken over by Microsoft.
10. Republicans will take over control of the Senate and retain control of the House.
11. Iraq will appear less safe at the end of 2012 than it does at the beginning of it.
12. Vladimir Putin will return to the presidency in Russia.
13. Nicolas Sarkozy will not be re-elected as president of France.
14. Americans will salivate over a white-hot social networking opportunity that hasn't been created yet.
15. None of the "Big Four" professional sports leagues will have a repeat champion.
16. The Euro will not be relegated to the history bin.
17. Mother Nature will remind us at least once of her power.
18. Prince Charles will become a grandfather and a king.
19. Fewer Americans will watch television coverage of the party conventions than at any time in history.
20. Barack Obama will be re-elected.