Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sharing a personal moment

I shared with my School of Communication colleagues yesterday afternoon that I will be leaving Point Park University at the end of this academic year.

I have accepted a faculty position in the School of Communications and Information Systems at Robert Morris University, where I will begin teaching in the fall.

Below is the note I wrote to my colleagues:
Hi everyone,

Yes, it is true. I am moving on. I have accepted a wonderful opportunity to teach at Robert Morris, with the special benefit of keeping the three most important people and most important dog in my life right where they are. I begin my assignment there with the start of Fall 2012 semester.

Decisions such as this are never easy, but with time, reflection and trust in the good Lord above I am confident it is the right one. A mix of personal and professional reasons motivated me to explore the RMU position, and I am looking forward to joining a group of optimistic and energetic faculty hungry to grow a great program.

I will leave Point Park and the School of Communication in August, when my current contract expires, so there are a few more months of memories to make and student achievements to savor. I am looking forward to every one of them. 

Thanks,
Anthony
For those of you who don't know about Robert Morris University, it's home to about 5,000 students and 200 full-time faculty. The School of Communications and Information Systems is one of five schools. The university's athletic teams, the Colonials, compete on the Division-I level in 23 different sports.




No comments: